Noticeably absent from the playoffs this year is my favorite team, the Lakers. This season was terrible. For a lot of reasons. It makes me tired to think of everything that went wrong this year. The best coping mechanism is denial. We are going to pretend this season never happened.
Since I don’t have a rooting interest in this years playoffs, I have decided to look at things objectively and make predictions. ‘Cause I don’t care who wins. Here we go for the first round:
(1) Pacers vs. (8) Hawks – My prediction: Pacers in 7
(2) Heat vs. (7) Bobcats – My prediction: Heat in 4
(3) Raptors vs. (6) Nets – My prediction: Nets in 6
(4) Bulls vs. (5) Wizards – My prediction: Wizards in 6
(1) Spurs vs. (8) Mavericks – My prediction: Spurs in 4
(2) Thunder vs. (7) Grizzlies – My prediction: Thunder in 7
(3) Clippers vs. (6) Warriors – My prediction: Clippers in 7
(4) Rockers vs. (5) Trailblazers – My prediction: Trailblazers in 7
We’ll check back in when the next round begins to see how I did.
I’m a Lakers fan from way back. This is true. But I could not imagine my current Lakers team having this much fun!
Congratulations to the Miami Heat! I’m not a LeBron fan but the man played his ass off and deserved the win.
The NBA Finals are now set. Oklahoma City Thunder versus the Miami Heat. My Lakers have long been eliminated so I will have to choose a new team to root for. That choice is really easy for me. OKC.
I’m not going to pile on the Miami Heat. Much has already been written and discussed about how Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh decided to play together. I couldn’t care less. I will admit that I am not a “fan” of Lebron James. It has more to do with the way he was over-hyped coming into the League and not a reflection of his playing abilities. The man can flat out play. He is a three time MVP for a reason.
I just like Kevin Durant more. I think OKC has a better team. It would be great if they could win it. So, now we have the NBA dream match up. I can see the story lines now. The “evil free agent bought” Heat versus the “brought up in the draft nice guys” Thunder.
Let the games begin.