Monthly Archives: January 2013
Just what I needed to read today.
The plan was to spend the day writing. It was an easy Sunday morning and I didn’t have anything planned. The kids were busy doing homework so I was distraction free. As night fell, I realized something about myself. I am the world’s best procrastinator. Let me show the way is six easy steps:
- Wake up and immediately turn on the television. I figured I would watch 30 minutes of Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC. That turned into an hour and a half. But no worries, it is important to stay informed about current events. It can only enhance my writing.
- Check email. You have to keep the inbox clean. Besides, all those emails about publishing, blogging and writing can be considered research.
- Now I’m hungry. Prepare a late brunch of pancakes and sausage. You can’t write on an empty stomach.
- Cell phone dings. It’s my turn in Ruzzle. I discovered this game on Friday when my co-worker sent me a request. I am hooked. 50 games later I took a break.
- Check in with the hubby. Daily communication can only strengthen a long distance relationship. I can’t help it if we talked for over an hour.
- Now it’s time to cook dinner. Have to feed the kids. After supervising the cleaning of the kitchen and getting things taken care of for the next day, I’m too tired to focus on the characters in my head.
When I named this blog, Unwritten, I saw it as a call to action not a self-fulfilling prophecy. I’ll do better tomorrow.