The Obligatory What I Am Thankful For Post
There are certain things that can be expected this time of year. Football, turkey dinners, family get togethers, Black Friday sales followed by Cyber Monday sales and a bombardment of “thankful” lists. These lists are from various people bragging about how great their lives are and we should all applaud them for recognizing it. I have resisted the urge to add to this phenomenon but I couldn’t think of anything else to blog about so here goes.
Things I am “thankful” for in no particular order:
- My family (Okay, if you don’t put that first people will talk about you.)
- To be gainful employed (I need money to pay bills, buy scratch off lotto tickets so I can stop working, buy food and books. Lots of books)
- The NBA Lockout is finally over. Now I can watch the Lakers on Christmas Day.
- Google (What did we do before it was so easy to look up random facts like “Did Michael Jackson really write all of his songs?” Seriously, as a writer I love Google. It saves time on research. I mean, what did people do before when you wanted to know something? Actually talk to people? The horror.)
- Friends that get me and love me unconditionally. (Thank you for the material. Oh, you didn’t realize that I’ve based a character in my book from your adventures? Pay no attention to this list.)
- That they finally found Sophia on The Walking Dead. Even though she ended up being a zombie and Rick had to shoot her in the head. (On a side note, I am totally on Team Shane.)
- Music – I love music
- The Closer is back for five final episodes!
- And the big one, health. (You can’t put a price on good health.)
These things can go on and on but I’ll stop there.
This Thanksgiving season, what are you thankful for?